This is a great treat for the summer! This is also a recipe from Christy, but Kaitlin and I customized it, so I'll put what we did and you can make it your own too...
You will need:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups corn syrup or honey ( I used half of each)
2 tablespoons coconut flavoring
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
1 box of rice chex
1 small bag of coconut
1 small bag of chopped pecans
1 cup of powdered sugar
2 cups shaved chocolate (or choc chips)
DIRECTIONS:
Mix chex mix, coconut, nuts, and chocolate in a bowl. Boil sugar, corn syrup/honey, coconut flavoring and butter for 5 minutes. Pour over chex mix. Put wax paper oover a cookie sheet and then spread the chex mixture on top of wax paper. Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and let cool. YUMMMMM!
1 comment:
Double YUM, so I guess...YUM YUM!
Post a Comment