This recipe is from my wonderful mother-in-law. She first made it for me when I had just given birth to Faith and she was in town for a few days helping out. It was so yummy that It has been one of my favorites ever since. Nathan and I don't always have cheesy-casserolish type dishes, but this is a favorite comfort food or for when guests are coming over. Missionaries really love it!
Ingredients:
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 tsp of lemon juice
1 tsp curry powder (or more or less depending on how much you like)
6-7 chicken breasts, cut into cubes and cooked with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (or can be barbecued on the grill and then cut up and added)
2 pkgs of (8 oz ea.) of California Blend frozen veggies (cauliflower, broccoli and carrots)
1 8 oz package of shredded cheese
1/4 to 1/2 cup of butter or margarine - melted
corn flakes
Blend the soup, mayo, lemon juice and curry. Add the cooked chicken and vegetables and mix until well coated. Spread evenly into a casserole dish (sprayed with cooking spray). Top with the shredded cheese. Crush corn flakes and add to the melted butter until coated, stirring with a fork. Spread corn flake mixture on top of the cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. YUM!
2 comments:
One of my favorites too. I've never made it, but have had it many times with you. I'll have to make it soon.
looks yummy. I bet Jeff would love to live at your house.
Post a Comment