Okay...first off I have to give credit where credit is due. My mom found the recipe for this cake on a blog-site called "Stephanie's Kitchen". It sounded so very yummy that I was dying to try it...with a few modifications! The wonderfully talented woman who we borrowed the recipe from made the entire cake from scratch, fresh apples, cake-not out of a box, etc! I decided that this would not work for the PTA function that I was hunting down a new dessert for so I needed to make it easier. If you would like the recipe for the "from scratch" version please go to http://www.stephanieskitchen.com/ . This is also a great way to use pie apples that you have canned for a quick and easy dessert, besides apple cobbler, which we have had a ton of this past year!
1 Jar of pie apples (already with cinnamon)
1 yellow cake mix
Spray bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Pour pie apples into the bottom of the pan. Mix together the cake mix as directed on the box. Pour batter over the apples. Bake at 350 degrees for at least 30 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then invert onto a serving plate. **Would be great with the tiniest bit of cool whip/whip cream or ice cream, though we loved it just by itself! Enjoy!
Tawna :)
1 comment:
so glad you tried it out. can't wait to try it now. PTA Luncheon will love it.
Post a Comment