10/16/08

Cream Cheese Chicken

(Forgot to take a picture before we ate it all! Sorry!)

This is always an easy dinner but so very good! I like to make it when we have people over sometimes or when we need a good dinner without a lot of time in the evening to make something because it is in the crock pot. You can serve it over rice or some type of noodles. Enjoy!

6-8 chicken breasts
1 package of cream cheese
1 package of italian dressing seasoning
1 cube of butter/margarine
1 can of cream of mushroom soup

Put all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours, stirring every now and then. As the chicken becomes tender shred it with a fork and a knife. Continue to cook until done. Serve over rice or noodles. If you would like the mixture to be soupier you can add more soup/cream cheese.


Tawna :)

6 comments:

Taya said...

I was there to partake of this yummy dinner and it was fabulous indeedy!!!! Thanks again Tawna!

Sheroni said...

Sounds like Sunday dinner to me. I have everything I need, so I'm trying it out. Thanks for posting Tawna.

Kara Maher said...

This is on my Thursday dinner list this week!I am excited to try it and more of your Nanas recipes!
~Kara

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

Sounds yummy! The boys are picky...Noah will only eat chicken (we have to tell him that ribs are chicken or he won't touch them..lol!)They all love cream of mush soup and the crockpot thing is a big plus for me... especially on Thursdays because Jake has cubs and Jeremy has young mens...this will be perfect for our CRAZY night!

Kara Maher said...

My entire family loved this. I served it over egg noodles for the husband and kids. I had mine over spinach(I tend to watch the carbs ).Great recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Sheroni said...

Ate this at Taya's tonight. So good. I didn't make it the other day, so was glad to try it out. I think it would be good over many things. We had it over rice. I would like to try it over french style green beans and I'll bet the spinach was good too Kara.

The Recipe File

It was impossible to visit with Nana and not get into the recipe file. This is no small file. Tracy, Sydney and I have all at one time or another attempted to typeset the recipes in this file only to be overwhelmed. Since no one person is up to the task of immortalizing this life's work of recipes, it would be great if everyone participates. As you need recipes for different things you can take them and typeset them, or scan them however you would like to do them. Then post them on this site to contribute your part in all this.  Please add a label to your posts so we can eventually go in and organize by category. It was Nana's dream to have a book that would help us all with the various things we will make in our kitchens. She spent a lifetime perfecting her craft and was truly amazing. When we feel we have done her justice, we will organize a book and have copies printed for all of us. I hope as we contribute not only her recipes, but some of our own as well we will remember how much she loved to bring people together over good food. It will be such a tribute to her if we can enjoy this endeavor, enjoy each other and enjoy the memories we all have in our hearts.