6/15/09

The Actual File…


I thought I would post a picture of Nana's file that she worked on for so long. I know we all have the mental picture of her sitting at her round table, on one of her green chairs in her corner of the living room going over her recipes. It just amazes me every time I look at it. She has so many recipes in it. So much information. I will try and be better about going through it for the tried and true favorites that were uniquely hers, but if you think of things you specifically want please contact me. It is available for all of us and is crazy fun to go through.


Then of course are the recipes she wrote out herself. I love her scrawl as she was thinking them through and jotting down the jist of it all. I still find little notes and lists here and there in the house. Gets me every time. I still miss you Nana.

1 comment:

Taya said...

Very cool! When I remember Nana most is sitting there writing lists or recipes or looking up what she needed. Then, she would tell me her plans for this meal or that and we'd talk! I love her and miss her...

The Recipe File

It was impossible to visit with Nana and not get into the recipe file. This is no small file. Tracy, Sydney and I have all at one time or another attempted to typeset the recipes in this file only to be overwhelmed. Since no one person is up to the task of immortalizing this life's work of recipes, it would be great if everyone participates. As you need recipes for different things you can take them and typeset them, or scan them however you would like to do them. Then post them on this site to contribute your part in all this.  Please add a label to your posts so we can eventually go in and organize by category. It was Nana's dream to have a book that would help us all with the various things we will make in our kitchens. She spent a lifetime perfecting her craft and was truly amazing. When we feel we have done her justice, we will organize a book and have copies printed for all of us. I hope as we contribute not only her recipes, but some of our own as well we will remember how much she loved to bring people together over good food. It will be such a tribute to her if we can enjoy this endeavor, enjoy each other and enjoy the memories we all have in our hearts.