9/30/08

Thanksgiving Pies, Anyone?


Just curious if anyone is interested in getting together for a pie fest after dinner on Thanksgiving. Kevin's sister Leslie has made it a tradition in their family and it looks like so much fun. If I got the info straight in my head, you just bring your favorite pies (or not if you only want to eat) and everyone samples the wares. If any of you are liking the idea, or have an idea of your own, just leave a comment and the cooks of this nook will endeavor to make it happen. It would be cool to start a new tradition we could all enjoy.

2 comments:

Taya said...

Sounds very Yummy...but can I taste pies or do I have to bake pies???? If it is a requirement to bake one I will have to get a lesson soon!

Anonymous said...

I would bring an apple pie...Nana's recipe! Can't promise that it will be exactly like her's though, I will try!

The Recipe File

It was impossible to visit with Nana and not get into the recipe file. This is no small file. Tracy, Sydney and I have all at one time or another attempted to typeset the recipes in this file only to be overwhelmed. Since no one person is up to the task of immortalizing this life's work of recipes, it would be great if everyone participates. As you need recipes for different things you can take them and typeset them, or scan them however you would like to do them. Then post them on this site to contribute your part in all this.  Please add a label to your posts so we can eventually go in and organize by category. It was Nana's dream to have a book that would help us all with the various things we will make in our kitchens. She spent a lifetime perfecting her craft and was truly amazing. When we feel we have done her justice, we will organize a book and have copies printed for all of us. I hope as we contribute not only her recipes, but some of our own as well we will remember how much she loved to bring people together over good food. It will be such a tribute to her if we can enjoy this endeavor, enjoy each other and enjoy the memories we all have in our hearts.